Friday, July 17, 2009

We shall overcome

Sat in a meeting today to review the new Smarter Planet ads. Every time we do a round of these, I feel squished between those two blue bars. They close in on me like I'm in a scene from an Edgar Allen Poe story.

All our customers and partners keep telling us to "show the product", but I struggle to get anyone from creative to produce something like that. The Ogilvy people just give me blank stares, and go back to their iPhones. Whenever I do manage to sneak some pictures into a collateral piece, someone from repro always comes back complaining about cost of ink. Even this week's press releases went out with screenshots that were watermarked by newswire.com! On our own website!!!

maddening.

At least I can go to my happy place still. YAY for conferences! Give me more Enterprise 2.0!

Still pondering this Google situation. Wish I could just get some folks from ZRL to sniff a few passwords and then leak some capgemini documents on the web. Put the fear of god into some people.

Damn you standards and practices! Why must you stand in my way?

Okay back to figuring out how to convince creative that "Smart Work" sounds like a slogan from Office Space. I'm starting to wonder if they realize it's a comedy, not a documentary.

Mood: determined